Welcome to Galway Downs, we are a 242 Acre equestrian facility, located in Temecula Wine Country. We have 39 acres of grass Polo Fields where we also host athletic tournaments, including soccer. We are proud to host Cal South’s National and State Cup, as well as, many tournaments and league play for the U.S. Soccer Development Academy, Coast Soccer League and the Southern California Soccer Development League.
Parking for is $10 per car per day, of which 10% of this fee goes to Manzanita Ranch (501(c)(3), which provides therapeutic horse rides for veterans and first responders suffering from PTSD. The balance is used to help offset our water and field maintenance costs, which exceed $600k per year and to provide Athletic Trainers and EMTs.
Rules / Policies / Code of Conduct
- DO NOT PARK ON STREETS – No parking on Los Caballos, Los Corralitos or Pauba Road. Violators will be ticketed and/or towed. We want to be good neighbors and its critical we keep the roads surrounding Galway Downs clear of vehicles.
- NO PETs – no exception. No fake “service dogs” either. Did you know it is a misdemeanor in the State of California to pass off a pet as a service animal (see, California Penal Code 365.7). State and Federal law do not recognize “emotional support” dogs either.
- NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL and NO ALCOHOL on the fields. Depending on the event, Galway Downs may have areas reserved for enjoying adult beverages (sufficiently away from the fields).
- DON’T BE “THAT PARENT.” We appreciate that this is State Cup and both the players and parents have worked really hard to get here, but don’t be that one parent/fan that is disrespectful. Be positive and support your player(s) and understand that the Cal South Code of Conduct (read it here) will be enforced at Galway Downs.
Use your GPS to get to Temecula, but please turn it off (ignore it) once you turn on Los Caballos or Pauba Road and follow the signs/directions because your GPS is going to likely send you to the main entrance and not to the correct entrance for your field.
Before You Leave HomeFrom OC/SD/LAFrom Palm Desert:Google Map
Know the field number your athlete is playing on before arriving and double check directly on the Cal South site the night before (sometimes teams are reassigned different field numbers). We have two large polo fields and depending on the field number you will want to enter the correct entrance. These entrances change from time-to-time depending on events at Galway Downs (we are 242 acres) so follow the signs.
- 15 Freeway to Temecula, CA
- Exit TEMECULA PARKWAY and head East
- Turn Left at LOS CABALLOS RD (Polo 2) or PAUBA RD (Polo 1)
- Follow the Signs – Your entrance may change.
- Highway 74 (West)
- Left (West) on Highway 371
- Right (West) on Highway 79-South
- Right on Pauba and follow signs to correct field.
LEAVING GALWAY DOWNS: Leaving Galway Downs by Highway 79 can challenging due to the traffic coming back from the desert on weekends. We strongly recommend you exit via PAUBA ROAD to go back to Highway 15. This will save you 15-20 minutes in traffic and lights.