Galway Downs welcomes you to the Cal South State and National Cup. We are a 242 Acre equestrian facility, located in Temecula Wine Country. We have 39 acres of grass Polo Fields where we host athletic tournaments, including soccer.
Parking for State Cup is $10 per car per day, of which 10% of this fee goes to Manzanita Ranch (501(c)(3), which provides therapeutic horse rides for veterans and first responders suffering from PTSD. The balance is used to help offset our water and field maintenance costs, which exceed $400k per year.
Rules / Policies / Code of Conduct
- DO NOT PARK ON STREETS – No parking on Los Caballos, Los Corralitos or Pauba Road. Violators will be ticketed and/or towed. We want to be good neighbors and its critical we keep the roads surrounding Galway Downs clear of vehicles.
- NO PETs – no exception. No fake “service dogs” either. Did you know it is a misdemeanor in the State of California to pass off a pet as a service animal (see, California Penal Code 365.7). State and Federal law do not recognize “emotional support” dogs either.
- NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL and NO ALCOHOL on the fields. Depending on the tournament, Galway Downs may have areas reserved for enjoying adult beverages (sufficiently away from the fields).
- DON’T BE “THAT PARENT.” We appreciate that this is State Cup and both the players and parents have worked really hard to get here, but don’t be that one parent/fan that is disrespectful. Be positive and support your player(s) and understand that the Cal South Code of Conduct (read it here) will be enforced at Galway Downs.
Dining / Food and Beverage
For each of our large tournaments we will have multiple food trucks (pizza, gourmet burgers, etc.) and concession operations (hot dogs, nachos, etc.) available on property. Pack some snacks and water if you must, but plan on having some great Food Truck options available to you. The following Food Trucks and concessions operators are scheduled to be at Galway Downs on a regular basis for State Cup event, so plan on arriving a little early, staying between games or hanging out for lunch after the game:
- Red Oven Pizza – Pizzas, Nutella Cookies. Gluten Free Options.
- Epic Eatz – SD Surf Cuisine. Tacos, Burritos and more.
- Thats What Cheese Said – Gourmet Dogs, Burgers and Mac-N-Cheese.
Galway Downs is about 5 minutes from Temecula Wine Country and multiple wineries on De Portola Rd (Pauba to De Portola) have restaurants open on the weekends (Fazelli, Renzoni, Leoness, and Cougar). There are also some great family friendly options available in the City of Temecula.
We currently have 10 Deluxe sites with electricity, water and sewer overlooking Polo Field 1 and an additional 30+ “Dry” sites available depending on the weekend. Some of the dry sites have electricity (15 amp – enough to charge batteries, but not to run air-conditioners).
Deluxe RV Sites
The cost for a Deluxe RV space is $85/night with a two night minimum. This includes your tournament parking fee. Total cost for the weekend (Friday through Sunday) is $170. Click here to Reserve an RV Site.
Preferred RV Rental Providers
If you don’t have an RV, no problem. We have relationships with local RV rental providers that will extend “special” Galway Downs event pricing, which includes setting upl the RV at Galway Downs for you and picking it up after the event. We recommend:
McGowen Family RV Rental (rents a Deluxe RV that sleeps 6+). Price includes the Galway Downs site rental fee and delivery to Galway Downs.
Roam and Board (Airstream trailers). Based in San Diego County, Roam and Board has a fleet of iconic, luxury Airstream Trailers and rents the following models: 16 Foot Bambi Sport (sleeps 2-4); 22 Foot Bambi Sport (sleeps 2-4); and 23 Foot International (sleeps 2-4).
Click Here to Contact Roam and Board
Use your GPS to get to Temecula, but please turn it off (ignore it) once you turn on Los Caballos or Pauba Road and follow the signs/directions because your GPS is going to likely send you to the main entrance and not to the correct entrance for your field.
Know the field number your athlete is playing on before arriving and double check directly on the Cal South site the night before (sometimes teams are reassigned different field numbers). We have two large polo fields and depending on the field number you will want to enter the correct entrance. These entrances change from time-to-time depending on events at Galway Downs (we are 242 acres) so follow the signs.
- 15 Freeway to Temecula, CA
- Exit TEMECULA PARKWAY and head East
- Turn Left at LOS CABALLOS RD (Polo 2) or PAUBA RD (Polo 1)
- Follow the Signs – Your entrance may change.
- Highway 74 (West)
- Left (West) on Highway 371
- Right (West) on Highway 79-South
- Right on Pauba and follow signs to correct field.